Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is the leading four-season mountain resort in California with 3,500 acres, 28 lifts, 150 runs (one nearly 4 km long), 7 terrain parks, and 2 superpipes to keep skiers and riders busy all winter long. And we enjoy a long winter in Mammoth, with a season that runs from early November into June, thanks to our peek elevation at 3,369 meters, making Mammoth the Top of California. Free public transportation connects the mountain’s four areas, as well as social hubs at The Village and downtown Mammoth. Each base is home to ski school, rental shops, day care and restaurants, as well as three varied properties – the classic Mammoth Mountain Inn, high-end Village Lodge, and family-friendly Juniper Springs Lodge, offering everything from standard hotel rooms, to luxury condos. Nestled on the border of Yosemite National Park, Mammoth Mountain offers stunning views as you hit the epic slopes of California.
Reasons to Ski at Mammoth
- Unparalleled Access
Mammoth Mountain is located in the heart of the Eastern Sierra Mountain, and minutes away from our local airport. Fly in direct from Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego or Denver and you are less than nine km away from the Village at Mammoth and most lodging properties. Free shuttles await each incoming flight to take you to your destination so you can be unpacking or on the slopes in no time. And each of our three ski-in, ski-out properties – Mammoth Mountain Inn, The Village Lodge and Juniper Springs Lodge – are located at one of our three base areas, just steps from the lifts and the Panorama Gondola. And our free public bus system make a car unnecessary with multiple bus routes taking visitors to and from the mountain, the Village, main town center, and lodging properties in minutes.
- Best Snow, Longest Winter Season in California
Averaging over 10 m of snow annually, and benefitting from a number of factors including Mammoth’s peak elevation of 11,053 feet/3,369m – the highest in California – and our east-facing slopes in the Sierra Nevada range, Mammoth Mountain offers pristine snow condition with light, fluffy powder that begins early and ends late. Our season typically runs from early November through May, even into June! And watch out for goggle tan throughout the season, as Mammoth enjoys over 300 day of sunshine too.
- No Crowds
Mammoth Mountain is massive with 3,500+ acres/1,416+ hectares of varied terrain to play in, virtually to yourself. While Mammoth is the most popular resort in California, queues rarely form thanks to three base areas and a European-like lift system that helps skiers and riders navigate the mountain with ease and speed.
- June Mountain
Just 20 minutes away lives Mammoth’s sister resort, June Mountain. Free shuttles will take you to and from this unique mountain at an elevation of 10,090 feet/3,089m with stunning views of June Lake below. The best part – it’s included in your Mammoth Mountain lift ticket!
- Ultimate Dining Experiences
Mammoth offers everything on-mountain from fine dining at Parallax located in the mid-station of the Panorama Gondola, to a pho soup station in the Canyons dining hall, to a ski-up roaming burrito cat, located through social media channels each day.
- Snowcat Tours & Parallax Dinner - Take a ride in a real snowcat through the backcountry in the heated comfort of a luxury snowcat for daytime tours or ride and then dine in the evening at Parallax restaurant at McCoy Station.
- Minaret Vista Après Tour – View the incredible Minarets and vistas of the area with a champagne toast in a luxury snowcat, followed by gourmet hors d’oeuvres and a glass of wine with the sun setting over the Sierra peaks. Kids will be offered a make-your-own waffle sundae bar and hot cocoa.
- Tubing Park - Take to the snow on six groomed tubing lanes, complete with outdoor heaters, hot cocoa, and lifts to whisk you to the top for endless rides and some serious family fun.
- First Tracks program gives you the chance to be on the mountain earlier than the general public.
- Snowmobile Adventure – Get off the beaten path with experienced guides and top-of-the-line equipment that will grant you access to thousands of acres of trails, pristine backcountry, spacious meadows, historic landmarks and lush pine forests.
- Tamarack Snowshoe & XC Ski Center - Thirty-two km of groomed trails offer a pristine and quiet way to experience the Sierras. Cross country ski or snowshoe through the tranquility of the backcountry.